ACT Introductory Workshops (ACT Training: Part 1)
This workshop is worth 12 specialised CPD hours
This two-day workshop is part 1 of a comprehensive six-day training program (the advanced workshop is part 2, and the 'boot camp' is part 3). Note: you don't have to complete the whole program before you can start doing ACT; you can use ACT straight away - on yourself and your clients -whatever level you're at!
The introductory workshop is very experiential, and useful for both therapists and coaches. Russ likes to call it 'ACT Made Simple' - because it covers so much material in such a short space of time. Each workshop is a 'jargon-free zone' guided by three core values: simplicity, clarity, and accessibility. (There's also a big emphasis on having fun). You will experience a wide variety of ACT exercises, and you will be encouraged to work with your own personal issues. You will be lead through these exercises in the same way as you would instruct them to your clients. You will also receive extensive support materials (more so than in any other ACT training around the world) including a free copy of Russ's ACT-based self-help book The Happiness Trap and a professionally-recorded CD of mindfulness skills.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- The six core principles of ACT, and how to adapt them to different clinical populations
- Five powerful tools to develop and strengthen psychological acceptance
- Ten powerful ways to rapidly reduce the believability of negative thoughts (without challenging them)
- A sound understanding of mindfulness, and how to use it therapeutically
- How to innovate your own mindfulness techniques
- How to effectively utilise ACT in a wide variety of clinical problems
- How to effectively use interventions based on metaphor, paradox and experiential exercises
- How to apply ACT in your own life, to create a sense of vitality, meaning and fulfilment
- How to use ACT to help you cope with the stresses of difficult clients
- How to access and experience a transcendent sense of self
- How to fundamentally change your relationship with unwanted thoughts and feelings
- How to help clients connect with their core values, and take committed action
- A free copy of 'The Happiness Trap' - Russ's ACT-based self-help book
- Mindfulness skills: Volume 1 - a professionally-recorded CD containing recordings of key mindfulness skills
- Scripts for ACT techniques & exercises, which you can either use verbatim or adapt as desired for your clients
- A variety of useful handouts and worksheets for use with clients
- Ongoing support via e-mail
Duration: workshops run from 9am - 430pm on day 1, 9am - 3.30pm on day 2
Fees: Super Keen $475 - Early Bird $500 - Standard $530 - Last Minute $550 (Student Concessions: $395 - $440)
For cancellations: Up to 7 days in advance, payment will be refunded, minus a $50 administration fee. At less than 7 days notice there will be a refund of 50% of the fee.
About Russ Harris
Our ACT training part 1, part 2, and part 3 workshops are all run by Russ Harris, the founder of this company.
Dr Russ Harris: Medical Practitioner - Psychotherapist - Executive Coach
Russ Harris, author of the best-selling self-help book 'The Happiness Trap', is an internationally-renowned trainer of Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT). Russ's background is in medicine. As a GP he became increasingly interested in the psychological aspects of health and wellbeing, and increasingly disenchanted with writing prescriptions. Ultimately this interest led to a total career change, and he now works in two different, yet complementary roles: both as a therapist and as a coach.
Since 2005, Russ has providing ACT training for over 15,000 Australian therapists, coaches, counselors, doctors, and other health professionals. He has also authored 4 ACT-based self-help books, and two ACT textbooks. The Happiness Trap, is now the most widely-translated ACT book in the world, available in over thirty languages. (To download the opening chapter, click here.)
Russ has a unique model for training, which he calls 'ACT Made Simple', because it covers so much material in a short space of time. (In fact, he even has even written an introductory text book on ACT, titled 'ACT Made Simple'. To download the first two chapters, click here.) He proudly proclaims each workshop a 'jargon-free zone' - and bases his training on three core values: simplicity, clarity, and having fun. His highly-acclaimed ACT workshops are brief, powerful, cost-effective and life-enhancing. Participants regularly report not only major improvements in their therapy and/or coaching, but also in their personal lives - and evaluation forms frequently praise his ability to make complex ideas seem very simple. (For examples, go to testimonials )
Prices are less for advance payment. Hover over or click on a workshop to get the current price.