ACT For Relationships
ACT For Relationships: Caring, Connection and Courage
2-Day Experiential Workshops with Russ Harris - Melbourne June 6-7, Sydney July 17-18
(Don't miss out - it's been 4 years since I last ran these!)
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) is a powerful model for building, repairing and enhancing our relationships. This practical and experiential 2-day workshop with Russ Harris will teach you how to apply ACT effectively to common relationship issues. NB: This is advanced-level training; you must attend an introductory level workshop or online training (with any ACT trainer) prior to coming.
This 2-day workshop will to some extent follow the structure of Russ's self-help book for common relationship issues, "ACT with Love", but will also include plenty of new material, especially on the links between attachment and mindfulness. If you have already attended other workshops with Russ, you need not fear that this will be "more of the same". Russ guarantees you will find plenty of new material here. (This is the 'most fun' workshop he has ever run.)
The workshop will be intensely practical. You will get to observe, practice, reflect on, and develop the core skills of Acceptance & Commitment Therapy and their application in common relationship issues.
In this workshop you will learn:
- The five core pathological processes involved in common relationship issues, and how to effectively target them with ACT
- Five simple ways to cultivate acceptance of your partner
- The therapeutic use of mindfulness with common attachment issues
- How to handle painful, complex situations with no easy answers
- How to use mindfulness and compassion for increased intimacy and openness
- How to manage anger, fight fairly, and resolve conflicts with defusion and values
- How to effectively apply ACT to a wide range of common issues, including: sexual problems, infertility, different parenting styles, infidelity and betrayal, hostility and aggressiveness, withdrawal and avoidance, passivity and defensiveness, resentment and blame
- How to build or rebuild "mindful trust' (as opposed to "blind trust')
- How to establish powerful forgiveness processes
- How to help clients choose whether or not to stay or leave a relationship
- How to use acceptance and defusion for dealing with insecurity, vulnerability, jealousy, attachment issues, and fears of rejection, abandonment or intimacy
- Using mindfulness and values to overcome vicious cycles (e.g. pursuer vs distancer)
- A simple 4-step formula for applying ACT to any relationship issue
Prices are less for advance payment. Hover over or click on a workshop to get the current price.